Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
I am trying to justify buying an IPT by using it at work to do worky things. So I ask this question as a total noob and realizing the nature of this question. But, here it goes... Is there any way to view Excel or word files with the IPT? And I know those are Microsoft apps but anything is possible right?

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
Currently, word files can be viewed in the Mail program. They have to be attachments to an email. While this seems very limited, it makes it almost guaranteed that some other form of viewing Word documents will find its way to the iPod Touch in the future, probably when third party developed apps go public in June. Excel files cannot be viewed yet, as far as I know, but again, it seems very likely that this will be possible in the near future as both Apple and third party developers expand the software.

Cheers :)

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York

You are somewhat wrong, you can in mail, but nowhere else, possibly in safari, but i havent come across a embedded excel sheet....

you CAN view .XLS and .doc files on the ipod touch

Also there are no stupid questions:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.