Stupid theives :(

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phillipjfry, May 10, 2007.

1. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

My truck just got broken into last night. Never had this happen before. :(
    They stole the stupid stereo and I drive the majority of my job. I got an ipod nano, but still, the radio is what helps me get through the majority of my drive. Why haven't we adopted cutting off the hands of thieves?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i'm sorry to hear about you're truck.
    its happened to my car a few times now, out in front of my house no less. which is why i only park in the garage now. luckily the last time it happened to me, i was parked on the other side of the street, where there is a huge warehouse, and their camera's got the guy, and his license plates. hes in jail now for that and other stuff too i'm assuming. not bad, imo.

i hope your insurance covers it at least. :(

3. alFR macrumors 68020

Because it's a bit hard to stick them back on if you find out you'd got the wrong guy?

4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Very true ... same with capital punishment, you cant un-fry people :eek:

FJ

5. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

because they're not as replaceable as iPods or stereos and such.

that really does suck though about the break-in.

6. achie25 macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I had this happen to my apartment in college. You really feel violated.

7. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i was robbed in college about two years ago, and it was one of the worst weeks ever for me as katrina destroyed my hometown (we moved years before though) and then someone went into my backpack in the cafteria and stole my cell biology book (that cost me over 100 bucks to replace!!!). i would understand if the book was out in the open, but going into other people's stuff makes me doubley mad. not only did you steal something (i would have loaned it to them if they asked), they violated my personal space by snooping. a couple of days later, i bought locks for my backpack to keep it from repeating. and then people at my school still think stealing is a myth. after that, i stopped believing it.

8. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Someone stole the stereo out of my car in the front of my house too. All I did was go out and buy a 50 dollar tape deck that had an auxillary input so I could plug in my ipod.

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Get a cheap one, and use a sharpie to add "stolen radio, call police" or "$5 Special Barney's Pawn Shop"

Likely, they always seem to do more damage to the vehicle than the radio is worth. Which sucks more.

10. amd4me macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear about that man.
    I had the motor stolen out of my Ramcharger when I was 16.
    That sucked alot:(

11. phillipjfry thread starter macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

In response to the anti-cutting off the hands posts :)

They got blood all over my dashboard (and other people's dash as well). So if anyone were to have a cut on themselves that massive, and have a new stockpile of stereos, it's hard to misread those signals :p
    But I understand what you are getting at.

I went out and bought a better stereo (sat ready, ipod ready, etc), so hopefully this one will last longer than the other one did. I didn't really think I lived in a neighborhood that I had to lock my car doors (I've lived here for almost 20 years without incident). I guess our neighborhood won "the lottery".
    Insurance is 500$ deductible. Stereo + busted interior + dry blood cleaning + mental anguish doesn't add up to 500$.
    To achie25, yea I do really feel violated cause I had a lot of information about myself and my job (I keep my work binder in my truck).

That really sucks but they stole the whole motor?? wow

12. amd4me macrumors 6502

yeah they did. I just got done building a 500 horse 318.
    They cut the motor mounts and ripped the tranny off it's mounts. Like 5 k worth of damage.

13. matthew24 macrumors 6502

matthew24

My iPod was stolen yesterday, I comfort myself with the conviction that the guy who did it must appear before the judgement seat of God. No more iPod for me too much evil people around.:(

14. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

If they get away, it's entirely in the hands of God. We'll watch em burn.

15. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

my girlfriend lost her camera so i borrowed her mine. i know a stupid idea. she took it on a trip to buenos aires. some poor guy asked her if he can have it and she gave it to him. so now i have no camera. he had a gun when he asked her if he can have the camera. so it's understandable that she gave it away;) . i see it that way that she gave it away to charity:) after all the guy owned nothing but a gun.......

16. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Seriously, it wasn't locked when this happened? I know some people who are like that (live in "safe" neighborhood, don't lock cars) but I've never followed that kind of thinking. My car sits in the driveway with its alarm armed.

You can't "borrowed" things to people. :)

17. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I live in a fairly "Crime Free area" as well.

My car sits in the driveway with a steering lock fitted, an immobiliser and the alarm on !!:)

Why take a chance :confused:

FJ

18. phillipjfry thread starter macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Because I've lived here for 19 years and I have never had this happen that's why. I got a better one that plays my ipod and I lock my doors all the time now and windows are rolled up and I like this radio more

19. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

You could go 19 years without loosing all your data from a hard drive crash and never make any backups too, but.... (well, actually I doubt you could go that long without drive failure :D). Just poking fun.