stupid wait until october threads

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by landis, Aug 10, 2007.

1. landis macrumors regular

i do not understand why so many people are convinced to wait until october to buy a mac so it comes with leopard. all the computers are going to run leopard fine whether or not you buy them now. people are always complaining that they have to pay 130 dollars for leopard when they can get it for free. but for me, having a new mac for 2 months is well worth 130 dollars. unless you cannot afford to buy leopard DO NOT wait until october to buy a computer. it is not even definite that it is coming out in october and may be delayed more. so if your are looking to buy an apple, get it now do not wait.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's their money. If they want to wait to save $129, they should. If you don't want to wait, you shouldn't.

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Yeah, you tell 'em. Leopard won't get delayed any longer... they already, definitely said October. But I agree that any time on a Mac is worth the money for the upgrade later. Besides, waiting is killer.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Seems like an awful lot of pent up anger about something that doesn't really affect you.

But it is their money, let them wait and while waiting why not post 5+ threads a day about waiting for the next big thing?

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Like the revolutionary new MacBook Pro thread, when it was just updated and likely only to get a simple CPU upgrade and rev.B bug/engineering fixes.

The MacBook is likely worth the wait, and the Mini might get updated or neglected to death like the iMac CRT did.