Stupidest Mac comment ever!!!!!

jc0481

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
I used to work at Compusa about 2 years ago and as I was putting away Apple products on the shelf and older lady came by and asked me what are those computers?? I said they are macs made by the Apple corporation. She was looking at the emacs when she said "are they for children?" stunned I said no, they are for anybody from adults to kids, she said oh, went to touch one and said "hmm, plastic" and walked away. what do you guys think? I was mostly shocked and laughed when she left. I wish she stuck around so I could teach her about Macs and how it's better than Windows crap.

Duff-Man

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says..."plastic" heheheh...yeah, like, what are all those wintel clones made of? I guess Apple needs to get their yoo-know-what together and start making their computers out of better materials...maybe some pearl or diamond inlays, and keyboards made from real ivory...oh yeah!

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I guess she doesn't know about the Titanium and Aluminum PowerBooks then. And I guess the Power Mac G5s weren't out yet at the time.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
tech4all said:
I guess she doesn't know about the Titanium and Aluminum PowerBooks then. And I guess the Power Mac G5s weren't out yet at the time.
I guess its not that good of an element ;)

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
Well you can't please everyone ...

Though I do prefer my G4 iBook's plastic over a regular PC's plastic.
I can use alcohol to clean the iBook no problem ...
I can't do that without some serious cosmetic damage on some PCs ...

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
mad jew said:
Hmm... That may be a little excessive...

Not to mention, horrible customer service... :(

Well, if the comment was horrible customer service then you should have gone above and beyond expectation and just offered to kill her yourself. That way you would have been providing her, and the rest of the world a great service...