Stupidest person on earth!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 63dot, Nov 16, 2010.

1. 63dot, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010

63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I have heard of stupid, but what I saw today takes the cake.

In nearly 50 years on this planet, I just witnessed the dumbest thing on earth. I go into a US post office today and a young lady kicks back a whole sheet of stamps she bought and gets a "proper" sheet.

The funky one looked kind of like the attached photo below in a similar motif with messed up graphic.

But when others tried to purchase the upside down, off center, off color sheet, the postal worker knew it was not legal to sell and now the sheet is off to where it was printed to be "destroyed" as per federal law.

Attached Files:

• fup.jpg
      fup.jpg
      File size:
      95.8 KB
      Views:
  2. rhett7660, Nov 16, 2010

rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Not being a stamp collector, are these worth money I take it? LOL...Judging by the comment I guess it is..lol

3. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

What are you? Stupid?!!!

:p

--

This is far from the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

4. GoCubsGo, Nov 16, 2010

GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ok hold up Captain Intelligent and Financially Sound.

How exactly does a "welfare" mom look? I mean, sure, I can google welfare mom and the comical renditions of one will come up. But really, all mighty contributing member to society, tell me exactly how you came to the conclusion that she was single and on welfare? No ring? ********, that is about as stupid as you claim your "stupidest person" to be. Was there a sign? Was she in a specific line that was only for single moms? I'll give you the assessment of the bratty kid because I wasn't there and you can make such a claim just with a visual. However, if you think she was a single mom on welfare because her kid was bratty, you're again, about as smart as the person you're calling stupid.

I find it utterly appalling that in your 50 years on this earth you somehow believe that marking her as someone on welfare and a single mom (of a bratty kid) somehow contributes to your story, which may I say is hardly a show of the "stupidest person on earth." Frankly, if you automatically think a woman with a child not wearing a ring makes her single and/or a welfare recipient then again, I resort back to saying your story is not a show of the stupidest person on earth, not even close.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

OK, I was politically incorrect (maybe judgmental) so I edited to make the story sound kinder and gentler. :D

7. GoCubsGo, Nov 16, 2010

GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well then, I should rightfully edit mine and show what your initial and likely more honest statements were. You know, so no one is confused. :D back at ya.

8. 63dot, Nov 16, 2010

63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

How sweet of you.

Anyhoo, the man at the stamp store pretty much concurred this lady, whoever she is, just returned a rather large fortune. It was sad to see this whole thing go down. You almost got my original post but you left out the woman hating part of a nazi like me. I can get it back if you want but you got the basic idea. What I should have added is that this lady pulled off the dumbest move I have seen since a local man tossed his winning ticket which he played with the same numbers every week.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Beauty and the Geek, Australian version.

I swear half the girls on that show would probably be considered 'retarded' if properly tested.

10. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

That's NOTHING.

I see stupider stuff than that all the time!

I even DO stupider stuff than that sometimes. :p

If that's the stupidest thing you've ever seen, consider yourself either very unusually lucky or maybe some kind of recluse. Maybe you should get out more? You might want to visit Tennessee or Wisconsin.

Not at all impressed,
    Keri

PS. The Wisconsin State Motto: "Hold My Beer And Watch This" is also the most common Famous Last Words up there.

11. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

As long as it wasn't actually an inverted like in your picture, it probably wasn't that stupid. Modern misprinted stamps usually aren't that valuable right now. And most people probably don't want to hang on to something like that in the hopes that it becomes valuable. I would have, but then again, I am a history junkie and a packrat.

Had it been an actual inverted Jenny stamp she turned in to be destroyed, then yeah, I would say really stupid move. A few years ago, one of those sold for over $900k and a couple of months later, another sold for over $800k. If you ever see one of these stamps, you probably want to hold on to it or sell it at auction for big money. :)

Edit: Stupid, unless you are trying to spend $30 mil to inherit $300 mil, that is. (I love that movie!)

12. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

How ironic is it that posting this thread is also a candidate ... what are the odds of the stupidest thread being about the stupidest person :cool:

13. puma1552 macrumors 601

A modern misprinted stamp is likely worth very little/nothing over face value.

And hinging on Jessica's comment, even if she was a single mother, so what? What's wrong with that? Maybe she was married for 10 or 15 years before getting divorced and becoming single, or maybe there was a man who was a real sack of crap and walked out on her, leaving her single. Takes two to make a kid, and one weak one to walk out on the kid leaving the woman single.:rolleyes:

This thread is retarded, I'd expect better from a 50 year old.

14. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Wow! That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard anyone do. No wonder the kid's father left her. There should be a law againts being so stupid. She should be thrown in jail. I mean, what the hell? What's the deal with this stupid lady? How dare she? Seriously? C'mon! She's stupid! ...so damn stupid. Ugh!

;)