Stupidy installed Vista on post-2011 macbook. How do I return to Mac OSX?! HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bradleyburns, Mar 10, 2012.

1. bradleyburns macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm a new user to bootcamp, and followed all of the FAQs I could find on the internet, though it seem they're dated.

As a consequence, I've installed windows and cannot install bootcamp, and hence return to my Mac OSX partition. Holding the apple key on start up also doesn't work.

I'm trying to download an older version of Bootcamp to see if I can set it up on Vista and return to mac, but I'm not sure how it'll go.

If anyone knows how to return mac partition WITHOUT bootcamp installed, please let me know! I'm really worried right now.

Thanks for any help!

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

You need to hold the option(AKA the "alt") key, not the apple key(AKA Cmd).

3. bradleyburns thread starter macrumors newbie

Jesus I'm an idiot. Thank you so much! I thought that feature might've been part of the bootcamp pack anyway. You're a lifesaver! :D

4. macmastersam macrumors 6502a

next time get parallels if you want windows vista on your MBP. The software will allow you to run your windows vista virtually on mac os x at the same time.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

For future reference, starting from the 2011 models, MBP's no longer support XP or vista, only windows 7. I'd delete the bootcamp partition and start over with a windows 7 install.