stuttering trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Acorn, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I have a 2010 mac pro. There was some dirt on my trackpad so i wiped it off with a damp towel. it was not wet. just enough to have moister. the trackpad has been buggered ever since. cursor moves and clicks on its own. jumps and skips on its own. I dont understand it. it was not that wet. certainly not wet enough to get all inside. ive tried smc reset and pram reset with no effect. even writing this is difficult because it keeps skipping around. its been about 24 hours since it happened. it should long since be dry now. any one have any clue what i could try.

2. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

3. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

hmm i dont know. happened right after i finished wiping it off. could be a weird coincidence though. its getting better though. it was terrible yesterday. was ok in the morning. then i had the computer at a angle and it started again. now its fine.

4. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

there must have been moister under or along the side of the trackpad because it has been fine for the last 24 hours. I have no issues with it anymore. that freaked me out a little. never wiping down my trackpad ever again.