Stuttering Workout app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sohanangal, Nov 18, 2016.

1. sohanangal macrumors member

I am facing an issue with the Workout app for the last 3 days. The workout timer is stuttering and showing the time only intermittently. It is not a smooth flow of seconds and milliseconds. For example, if the timer stands at 03:05.15, it directly shows 04:05.15 after one second, and does not show the milliseconds flipping through. The same happens with the countdown before the workout starts. Initially it used to show the green circle filling up with the countdown of 3,2,1. Now it seems stuttered.

I am not sure if I have been able to explain what exactly is happening, but I hope you get it and help me out. It looks like a software issue, but not sure how to sort it out.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Have you restarted your :apple:Watch and iPhone? If so have you repaired them?

3. defboob macrumors member

mine did that with watchOS 3, but once I updated to 3.1 the issue went away, the timer worked as it should.

4. sohanangal thread starter macrumors member

Restarting the watch helped. For some reason, this simple solution did not occur to me. :) Thanks!
    --- Post Merged, Nov 18, 2016 ---
    I faced the issue after upgrading to 3.1. But restarting the watch solved it for me.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It is always what should be done first! Hope it foxed the problem.

6. sohanangal thread starter macrumors member

I know. Usually solves most problems on my iPhone as well. But for some reason did not occur to me. Thanks again!