Stuttery podcast scrolling in 3.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Steven Jackson, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Steven Jackson macrumors 6502

Hi,

I am running iPhone OS 3.1 on my 3GS and my podcast list has become stuttery when scrolling (flicking up or down). Audiobooks "scroll like butter", as do Songs, Artists, Albums, etc.

Anyone else noticed this? I don't have an unusual amount of podcast, just about the same as my audiobooks.

Steve.

2. bosp7 macrumors newbie

I've noticed the exact thing too.

I've also noticed several other things that make me think that things just aren't quite as fast as before.

3. bobgorila macrumors member

bobgorila

Same here, even when scrolling albums in portrait with artwork is perfectly smooth. I was beginning to suspect one of my podcasts has a dodgy artwork file that's causing something to struggle.

4. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Several other threads on this. Hopefully Apple takes notice...

5. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Have the same issue. Also some of my podcasts do not display the date anymore. some do and some don't. it's very odd and it has to be a problem with 3.1 or iTunes 9 or both.

So far I have tried deleting all podcasts from iTunes and re-subscribing, re-downloading all my podcasts fresh. I have also done a restore from backup twice.
    This is such a pain in the rear to have to hit "Get More Episodes..." every time I want to check the date of a podcst. (i like to listen to them in order)

6. Steven Jackson thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, that's saved me the hassle of going through all that nonsense... I guess we just have to wait for Apple to fix it...

Steve.