StyleWriter II not pulling paper.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by 128keaton, Aug 18, 2014.

1. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Hey guys, I got a nice craiglist score (Performa 550 with StyleWriter II, will make a separate post for the 550.) and it came with a StyleWriter II that is having trouble pulling paper. I got it to go through once and it actually printed (Hello!), but it doesn't pull it properly or not at all. Does anyone have suggestions?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I don't think I can solve your problem, but a trick to try might be to feed two or more sheets at once.

We have two Xanté Accel-a-Writer 3G's here at work (high end graphic printers that can print 11x17) and they were old when I got here (ten years ago). In the last two years both printers have developed manual feed tray issues. One will not work period now and the other I have to shove the paper in when it starts rolling. Anyway, when I shove in two or more sheets because they pass through the process they get a bit of static cling. For some reason that's enabling the printer to pick those up on the next print job.

Worth a shot maybe, IDK.

3. goMac macrumors 603

Pretty common problem with those printers. No real fix. They were pretty much junk. :(

4. catzilla macrumors 6502

catzilla

It sounds like the rollers are dried out. There is (or was) a brush on liquid to add grip to rollers.

5. 128keaton thread starter macrumors 68020

128keaton

Turned out to be a combination of issues. I just ended up taking it apart and cleaning the crap out if it (literally!). Prints fairly well now!

6. G4TheWin macrumors member

...I don't know what to say here.