Stylus for both writing and normal use

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by BJB Productions, Feb 15, 2012.

1. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

So I know there's lots of threads about styluses, but I'm looking for something in particular. I guess I should say I'm very causally looking at some... Have not found one that I like yet.

Here's what I'm looking for:
    I'd like a stylus that 1) has a great tip for sketching/writing BUT 2) also can be used like a normal-"easy to find" stylus.

Basically a mix between these two:
    http://adonit.net/product/jot-pro/ -(Writing stylus)

http://tenonedesign.com/sketchplus.php -(Normal stylus)

I tried using one like the Poho Sketch plus today, and I actually broke the tip off because I was trying to write with it... So that's why I'm looking for something with a good tip made for writing/sketching, but I would also like the option to use it for just normal iPad use.

I've never been a huge stylus fan, but it would come in handy every so often.
    (I use Penultimate)

Thanks

2. BobaFettucini macrumors newbie

I've used the standard Targus, the Pogo, the Elago slim, and the Wacom Bamboo, and I have to say the Bamboo is the nicest one. It has a decent amount of weight to it, the clip is removable, the tip is smaller than most, and it's replaceable ($5 a piece on Wacom's site). I haven't had to replace mine's tip yet, but I'm glad I have the option to if the need arises.

Amazon has all the colors (black, green, pink, orange, blue, white). I've got the black and love it. You can get them at Best Buy, too, if you need it immediately.

3. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Thank you for the reply. I will look into the Bamboo.

4. MathRulz macrumors regular

I've tried several and settled on iFaraday RX 2.

5. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

I'm a big fan of the iFaraday styluses, as well. And the Adonit Jot Pro has some nice features (mainly being able to see the exact contact point the iPad assumes from the stylus.)

But don't kid yourself. There is simply no stylus that "feels" like writing with a pen on paper. The capacitive screen of the iPad is not suitable for that. No way around it.