Stylus for iPad Mini for writing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by emembee, Nov 6, 2016.

1. emembee macrumors regular

emembee

Any good ideas please for a stylus with Penultimate or Notability on a mini4? I currently use a mini2 but have not found a decent stylus so far which is useful for writing and I am planning to get mini4 in the next month.

The ones I have used are the Adonit Jot Pro, the Pogo and the Bamboo stylus, none of which are bluetooth, not sure if that would make a better stylus?

The Jot Pro seems must accurate but they don't compare (naturally) to the Apple pencil on the Pro.

Thanks.

2. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I think they're all pretty much going to be the same. What you really want is Apple Pencil support.

3. bensisko macrumors 65816

Nothing is going to compare well to the Apple Pencil.

... however, you can get 60-70%.
    If you're interested in writing (another drawing / sketching, that's a different list unfortunately), there are a couple decent stylus out there.

My top pick is the Bamboo Fineline 2 - it does writing pretty well (even the original Fineline was a good one). I have heard good things about the Omni, but I have not personally tried it.

I have found that Adonit over promises on their stylus (i've had a couple) and it ends up disappointing. They advertised the Pixel to be as good as the Apple Pencil (it isn't). For writing, it's....okay (i'd still go with the Fineline).

For writing, get a fine point Bluetooth stylus and don't expect Apple Pencil quality. If it's just for quick notes, you'll probably be fine.