Stylus for the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by malcolm233391, Apr 10, 2010.

1. malcolm233391 macrumors member

Are there any capacitive type styluses made for the iPad?

2. dudc macrumors newbie

3. T4R06 macrumors 65816

4. malcolm233391 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, i saw that earlier today in a tech website but I don't want to make a ****** looking stylus. I think I need a solid one to take handwritten notes on.

5. rtay macrumors regular

I bought the pogo stylus for this exact reason and it is horrible. iPad isn't good for taking notes. It's natural to rest your hand and when you do it wont accept the pen input and will mark up where you put your hand. Your best bet for notes is typing. I have tried a lot of different ways, and it is impossible to make your notes legible.

6. malcolm233391 thread starter macrumors member

I'm going to pick up the pogo stylus. I'm also pretty sure that there is a way to program an app so that it ignores you hand resting on the screen while recognizing and accepting the stylus input.

7. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I have found that it is the applications that will make the Pogo seem good or bad. It really isn't designed to take handwritten notes...it is more for sketching and drawing. In that regard I find it to be excellent.

8. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

9. Nausicaa macrumors 6502a

The Pogo stylus isn't good for handwriting, but there's really no other option. The issue is the way the screen tracks the brush. It's just not accurate enough, and reads too large a surface area, to capture the quick, small, and sharp gestures we use when writing words. For instance, after writing out what you think is an 's', you'll only find a slightly wavy line. Trying to write anything smaller than one inch letters will be difficult, and require that you write very slowly - which kind of defeats the purpose. Until there is a well designed software solution, I think the Pogo is really only useful for drawing.

10. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

With all the great apps for drawing and painting for the iPad, I think I'll give the Pogo a shot. It never really made sense for the iPhone (with its smaller screen) but for iPad apps, I can rally see myself using one.