Stylus hopes for iPad2....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wantmba, Feb 25, 2011.

1. wantmba macrumors newbie

Hello all.

The iPad is great, but so far, it doesn't have the full stylus/writing capabilities that traditional tablets have had (i.e. Toshiba, lenovo, etc.). It sounds like this is mainly because it's capacitive, and the styli are all on the thick end of things.

I know that the iPad isn't really meant to have this type of function, etc. That said, I think there are a lot of people out there that would really like to be able to take good notes on the iPad. Penultimate and similar apps are good, but it isn't seamless enough to really do serious work.

So does anybody think there is a chance that the next iPad will have more stylus-friendly functions? Maybe one day we'll see a thin-tipped stylus, and an app that truly works like a resistive tablet?

thanks

2. Durious macrumors 6502

it'd be fine for note-taking apps for classes and areas of study, using a finger is not as clean

3. seajay96 macrumors 6502

First, I work quite nicely every day with a stylus and note taking apps, so I'm not sure what your issues are.

And, second, considering the resistive screen tablets with styli barely even made a niche market, I doubt that Apple is going to concern itself too highly with filling this niche.