iPad mini Stylus left Rainbow / Water-like Mark on Screen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Finox831, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Finox831 macrumors member

pic: http://imgur.com/XcHCLaO

So I recently bought an ipad mini and an otter box defender case and a stylus - bought stylus only for drawing. I noticed after a couple of hours of drawing on the ipad, I began seeing these marks.

Does anyone know how to get rid of them or why it happened? It's very annoying and they aren't going away by themselves:/

Thanks.

2. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

Looks like a typical side-effect of the case's screen protector "sticking" to the screen itself and causing refraction (rainbows).

I bet if you remove the case you'll see nothing wrong with either the screen or the screen protector.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Otterbox cases are known for the rainbow effect, whether it is an iPad case or iPhone case. It would have occurred even if you didn't use the stylus.

4. Finox831 thread starter macrumors member

It actually didn't happen when I used my finger (Just got jot pro stylus yesterday). It started happening when I began drawing...I'm thinking it happened because of the pressure I was putting on the screen with the stylus. But perhaps it would have happened otherwise..not sure.

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

It would have happened regardless. Like I said, it is a known issue that shows itself, once the case has been used.

I am not aware of any remedy. You can try contacting Otterbox and see what they say.

6. Finox831 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the response. I wish a reviewer over on Amazon would have said something before spending $50. Oh well, thanks for the help.

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You are welcome. It is frustrating. But, I rather have the case on, versus going naked.

8. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

Are you guys saying the case includes a screen protector? So the rainbow marks are on the screen protector?

9. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The Otterbox Defender Series case comes with a built in screen protector. As the case is used with fingers or a stylus, a rainbow type effect can be seen on the screen protector, especially when the iPad or iPhone is off.