iPad Pro Stylus question/issue

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
My so has an ipad pro 12.9 and an apple pencil but she's running into an issue. She sometimes forgets her apple pencil at home and the ipad won't seem to recognize a "non smart" stylus she has in her backpack. Has anybody experienced this and know of a solution?

sjleworthy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
Shouldn't be any issues. This 'non smart' other stylus she has - does it not do any functions on the Pro at all? Does it instantly operate other phones and tablets but just not her Pro?

zhenya

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2005
What app is she using? Some have a 'draw with touch' option that may have to be activated in order to work with a regular stylus. This is to prevent any stray marks or page moves when using the Pencil.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
Shouldn't be any issues. This 'non smart' other stylus she has - does it not do any functions on the Pro at all? Does it instantly operate other phones and tablets but just not her Pro?
It's just a cheapie pen/stylus with a rubber tip. It seems odd to me and my google fu brings up nothing. The problem only happens in notability on her ipad pro if that's a factor.
[doublepost=1476295710][/doublepost]
What app is she using? Some have a 'draw with touch' option that may have to be activated in order to work with a regular stylus. This is to prevent any stray marks or page moves when using the Pencil.
She's using notability, do you know if that's a setting in notability?

sjleworthy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
It's just a cheapie pen/stylus with a rubber tip. It seems odd to me and my google fu brings up nothing. The problem only happens in notability on her ipad pro if that's a factor.
[doublepost=1476295710][/doublepost]

She's using notability, do you know if that's a setting in notability?
Ah, you didnt original say it was only a Notability problem ;)

Yes, there is a specific Apple Pencil option there. Turning that on limits other stylus to general finger status. Zhenya already mentions this.