Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyRomeo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Hey.

Possibly a silly question but I have a rubber tipped stylus for notes and sketches that I use with my iPad 2. It was great when. Got it but not it is not very good. I need to apply a bit of pressure for the iPad to detect it and by that point it's got too much friction on the screen and doesn't slide smoothly, making writing impossible.

Weird thing is it works perfect with my iPhone 4.

Could this be dirt in the iPad screen? I have cleaned it with a microfiber cloth but no change.

Help?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Hey.

Possibly a silly question but I have a rubber tipped stylus for notes and sketches that I use with my iPad 2. It was great when. Got it but not it is not very good. I need to apply a bit of pressure for the iPad to detect it and by that point it's got too much friction on the screen and doesn't slide smoothly, making writing impossible.

Weird thing is it works perfect with my iPhone 4.

Could this be dirt in the iPad screen? I have cleaned it with a microfiber cloth but no change.

Help?

Rubber tipped styli can cause a significant amount of drag on bare glass. And I guess the contact radius is larger on an iPad compared to an iPhone.

My suggestion is get an Anti-Glare screen protector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.