SU Wants to install updates for software not installed

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ryanflucas, Sep 18, 2009.

1. ryanflucas macrumors regular

ryanflucas

I had Apple Soundtrack 1.0 installed and then I removed it. Now its been about a week and software update has been coming up and trying to have me update the files, even though I removed the application already. How can I remove whatever is left that makes SU think it is still there?

I'm using Snow Leopard, with all updates. The two updates in question are Pro Applications Update 2005-01 and 2006-02. It claims it is for users of Final Cut Studio 5.1, Final Cut Pro 5.1, Motion 2.1, Soundtrack Pro 1.1, DVD Studio Pro 4.1, Shake 4.1, Live Type 2.1, Compressor 2.1, Apple QMaster 2.1, Final Cut Express HD 3.5. I don't have any of these installed and I'm assuming something was left behind, making it think it is still here.

Any suggestions? I could leave it since the files are so tiny, but it's just annoying that it keeps popping up every 8 hours or so.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Just install the update. Does that make it go away? It can't hurt.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you had Apple Soundtrack installed once and you migrated your account over, that user/system library application support folder/file is likely there. That is why you get that update.