Suave hd theme updates?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Oct 7, 2010.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

So I just got this theme and was wondering how often updated icons come out. Seems like most are done but sone are still not updated. Like bitesms isn't for some weird reason.

2. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. mrathee macrumors 6502

i would like to know this as well.

same with glasklart. i really would like a packaged theme because I simply do not have any time to actually theme icons myself.

4. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I'm not aware of a repo for Suave HD in Cydia but I know there is one for the non HD Suave theme. Using a Repo through Cydia is the only way to really get updates, but that is dependent on the people creating the theme keeping it up to date.

If you want to get info on icons for any theme go to MacThemes, there are threads for the major themes there. Below is the link for Suave HD, it is a big thread but the first page has info on where to download the theme and the subsequent pages have icons people have added/created themselves.

http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16804800

Glasklart HD is one of the themes that has a thread at MacThemes and also has a repo, you can find it through Cydia and then you will get the updates as they are available. I am a huge Glasklart fan, being a photographer this theme allows me to show off images as wallpaper with minimal icon interference.

Anyway, here is the link to the MacThemes thread on Glasklart.

http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16805129

One note when using any theme. I have never seen a theme that has all the icons anyone needs in it. Glasklart is one of the most complete themes there is and I still had to create a few myself, especially for games, so all my icons were themed. Just something to keep in mind.

Good luck.

5. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

how do i get rid of the suave battery charging? it gets behind my htc infolock screen and looks wierd.

6. mrathee macrumors 6502

So you're saying that the 3rd party icons get packaged through a repo? i glanced through that thread (tough to go through each page when theres 90+) and didnt see any mention of that.

Do you know the repo for the extra icons? The standard glasklartHD package (core and forum) don't show the updates at all

7. theNEOone macrumors 6502

Which version did you download? This one has BiteSMS: http://suavehd.xengi.org/ I used to have this theme and it skinned BiteSMS perfectly.

=|

8. mrathee macrumors 6502

I just tried adding that repo and it apparently doesnt exist anymore

9. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

I don't think that was ever a repo, just a website with a small collection of icons. Anyway, the Suave HD thread over at Macthemes has lots of activity everyday with new icons added. It's really easy to just go into google and search for "site:macthemes.net suave hd "app name".

10. mrathee macrumors 6502

for me, the issue isnt finding the icons. With suave and glasklart, both, I want a packaged file with all of the 3rd party icons included.

I have TONS of apps and literally do not have over 10 minutes a day to play with my phone. I wouldnt ever be able to get it done so the package is my only option.

This is what I am looking for - a repo with updated SUAVE HD or glasklartHD packages including 3rd party icons

11. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

That sort of thing is controlled by the theme. I have not used LockInfo on my lock screen in a while but as I remember it does leave the battery in the background.

Glasklart is good about adding icons added in the forum to the forum theme, that is why it is separate, gives us some control. If you want to see what has been made for Glasklart go check out this spreadsheet it is pretty up to date, but I'm sure there are some gaps as to what has been posted and what is part of the theme package.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnwqZYJrC7psdGt1WE5WMlE4ZU9pVG9hcGJXVVpzRlE&hl=en#gid=0

These guys do all of this for free in their spare time so I doubt you will ever get a theme that is all inclusive of every icon. Glasklart is one of the most comprehensive themes and it still misses quite a bit as people make icons on as needed basis. If there has not been a need for an icon you have it probably is not done yet.

12. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I'm not aware of a repo for Suave HD, in my experience you have to download it and SSH it over to your phone.

13. mrathee macrumors 6502

Thats what I had though at first but after using the forum theme, a ton of icons were still left unthemed and they had been in the spreadsheet ages ago.

I'll give it a shot again this weekend and hopefully it'll work

14. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Good luck I hope it works for you.

But keep in mind that to further complicate things apps change icon names regularly which breaks the theme resulting in the theme repo needing to be updated which can take a while; this is very common. Just last night I updated two apps (RedLaster and OnTheGrill by Weber) both updates broke the themed icons. I had to investigate what changed and in both cases the app developers changed the icon name. RedLaser is part of the Glasklart Forum theme where OnTheGrill is not, that one I made myself. I don't think you can theme without any work. Just my opinion.

15. theNEOone macrumors 6502

"Theme-ing" and jailbreaking requires time. If you don't have it, don't theme and don't jailbreak, or deal with the fact that you want things a certain way, but aren't willing to invest the extra 5 minutes required to get it right. (You literally could've had Suave HD downloaded and initiated - including the BiteSMS icon - in less time than you've spent writing in this thread.)

=|

16. mrathee macrumors 6502

A - I can do anything I please. I am not saying "Hey developers, you better do this." I clearly know whether things take time or not - hence the "I cant do it myself because I don't have enough time" part of my post :rolleyes: So no, the proper response to "are these themes available in package form" is NOT "dont theme if you dont have time to do it yourself"

B - I am posting in this thread without my computer and without the authority to install anything, making impossible to do anything to my phone that requires SSH.

C - I have the ability and free time to do things like this for 10 minutes every day, most of which is used for other activities, not that it is any of your business.

D - without anything to contribute, why even post?

but thanks for the help anyway.