suave hd theme

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Oct 28, 2010.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

can someone please explain to me how this is done on a mac and my iphone4 running 4.1? i have searched everywhere and cant figure out how to really do it. everything ive seen refers to windows computers or not very clear how its done. i have searched macthemes.org and suavehd.xengi.net too.

2. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Are you asking how to load the theme on your iPhone?

3. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

im asking basically how do you dumb down the whole process? i dont know where to start and where to ssh the files

4. sally456 macrumors member

hey, guy, more info, clearly, please.
    You want to get HD themes for Mac, and put them on your iPhone?

5. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

No, what he wants to know is how to load the theme that he just downloaded for free from who knows where into his phone...

6. g35 macrumors 6502a

Download winterboard from Cydia
    Download Suave HD from Cydia

Open winterboard, select suave HD theme, deselect all the other themes, and respring. I think that's it.

7. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Seeing Suave HD isn't in any of the standard Repos I have PM:ed you a Repo-adress

Enjoy

8. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i already have the suavehd for another repo, while its awesome. it doesnt suave every icon. so far i have noticed it does suave gamecenter,snappy,weathericon,and liveclock. so those stand out like a sore thumb. so how can i suavehd those icons?

9. lawler macrumors newbie

How to get Suave HD on iPh4

*Assuming your iPhone is fully jailbroken.*

Download openssh from cydia for your phone.

Download Cyberduck for mac.

-----------------

Go to http://suavehd.xengi.org/ and scroll to bottom to download Suave HD Theme and Icons
    (Make sure to open with stuffit expander as it saves as a .theme file)

---------------

SSH into your iPhone (simple enough to do look on the Youtube videos it takes literally seconds)

Once its linked go to the 1st menu on the scroll down bar in Cyberduck which shows a "/" and then click on Library and simply drag the 'Suave HD.theme. file into the themes folder and let it transfer.

---------------

Then just go into Winterboard and check Suave HD.

...Simples ;-)

Lawler :D

BTW I am really impressed with this theme; the HD is so crisp....just need to find a good lockscreen that matches it :-/

10. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

It is not uncommon that there are icons which are not part of the standard package for Suave HD. This is true for many themes. That is why there are threads in places like MacThemes.net devoted to requesting new icons. I suggest you go there and look for the ones your missing. They will also have instructions on how to apply the new icons.

This is a common challenge with the free themes. I use Glasklart HD and had the same challenge. Of the 120 or so apps on my phone, I had to make about 25 icons so my phone was fully themed.

Oh, go to the thread below; Krafty is keeping an index of icons, this should help you out.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1034783&highlight=suave

11. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

of course my ip4 is "fully" jailbroke, i dont think you can have it any other way than jailbroke or not. but i already have the suavehd theme froma certain repo. but i need to ssh more icons over. how would i got about that or put them?

i mean, i love this theme, but seems like soo much work to keep it up. i have elite pro also, which does all of this for me and is awesome too! why cant they just make it a cydia theme too?

12. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Elite Pro is a theme that changes existing icons, not replacing them. Suave HD replaces the existing icons with variations. This allows for more artistic variation but also entails a bit more work. Also, as Suave is maintained for free people contribute on their own in their spare time.

In my opinion the Elite Pro approach is easier, but the Suave HD approach is more pleasing the the eye.

Just my opinion.

13. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I agree. Many of the Elite Pro icons are indeed original, but the majority are stock icons Skinned to fit the theme. It's still my current theme of voice because it's clean and easy.

14. Esteban78 macrumors newbie

It doesn't work for me.

I did this:

1 Install Open SSH on iPhone 4S
    2 Install CyberDuck on MBPro
    3 Put the Suave HD 5.1.1 in /Library/Themes
    4 Select the theme in Winterboard
    5 Respring Winterboard

No pasa nada. The theme won't load? :(