sub 100$ headphone that blow your brains out

Discussion in 'iPod' started by papadopolis1024, Dec 1, 2007.

1. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

2. jabrowntx macrumors 6502

Sennheiser Pro-250 - Amazon has'em for $82 and they're awesome for the price.

3. telf22 macrumors regular

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

5. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

Do you want headphones, or earbuds, or in ear monitors??

I could make a couple suggestion for the in ear monitors. My current favorites are the Shure se310 but they are a little more then the 100 you specified.

I suggest heading to the headfi forums as you can get some very good advice over there. Just start a post and specify what kinda music you like, and they should be able to help. Be warned though, if your not strong willed you could come away spending more on a set of phones then you wanted to, god knows i did.

Good luck

6. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

7. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Sony MDR EX90 earbuds.

Tape up / glue shut the 3 holes next to the actual canal-tube.

Makes a 5 fold improvement in sound quality and volume. Also blocks out most of outside noise.

They sound far better than 350+ earbuds - and yes, I've compared.

8. babyj macrumors 6502a

I've never been that bothered about audio perfection from my iPod, so I normally stick with the ones that come with them. Though the ones that came with my latest iPod gave up on me recently so I had to buy some new ones.

I got some Sennheiser CX300 and the improvement blew me away, especially when they only cost £15.

9. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I think many people who stick with the "OEM" earbuds only do, because they aren't aware of what's missing. I mean to myself, earbuds were earbuds, until I was looking for a way to block out ambient noise from mine. The Sonys I purchased had "sounded a little better" than my ipod buds - but not by much. (the only reason I got them was so they would stay in my ear - something OEMs couldn't do) FYI - they're technically considered "canal-phones" I believe. The difference between earbuds and canal phones / in ear monitors - is the seal that the later two achieve.

Now I look back wondering how it took me so long to realize it.

10. odaiwai macrumors member

Shure SE110

The Shure SE110s are just under the $100 mark.

http://shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Earphones/SEModels/index.htm shows them at $119, but you'll probably find them a bit cheaper if you look around. (I paid about $100 for mine in Hong Kong.)

They're great for travelling in noisy environments (like planes and just about everywhere in Hong Kong) and sound pretty good.