Sub-$5 iPhone Cases That Will Get the Job Done -- Gizmodo

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by asleep, Aug 24, 2010.

1. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

2. freemini macrumors regular

freemini

I may give the hard plastic combo thing a try..

3. calvy macrumors 65816

4. GameraFan macrumors regular

Love my Monoprice TPU case. Will have to see how the Pixelskin HD is when that arrives or I'll just drop $3 for another one.

5. princesultan macrumors regular

perfect. i'm going to order the monoprice TPU case when it's back in stock.

6. sportster macrumors 6502

I'll take the case wrapped in the bills for less than $5, looks to be at least 3 $5 bills on it...

[​IMG]

7. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

Out of all the cases I've purchased my favorite is the Case Mate Gelli Case, the TPU case from Monoprice looks similar in form minus the rather ugly design on the back of the Gelli Case. I figure for less than $5 shipped even it's nowhere close it won't be a huge waste.

8. nd4speed macrumors member

The Monoprice TPU case is a good quality case; it offers great protection, and is very clear, but I can't recommend it because it has the most severe watermarking on the back that I've every seen. Unfortunately rear glass protectors don't help the watermarking at all either.

9. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

I've given up on trying to find a case that doesn't watermark. I personally find it much more prevalent on iPhone 4 cases than previous generations which I suppose is to be expected. The Griffin Grip Vue from what I remember didn't cause any but the bulk of the case and the frosting kinda turned me off the case. I have a protector on the back so I'll try out the baby powder thing eventually. It would be nice if a company actually released the case IvySkin was advertising initially (Griffin as well with the Micra), the description always did sound too good to be true.