Sub-Forum Suggestion

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by JsR, Aug 30, 2010.

1. JsR macrumors regular

Just a thought, but how about a "Sports" section alongside the Sub-Forums : Community Discussion...? A lot of sports fans on here, makes sense to put it all under one forum instead of having the community discussion flooded with different football game threads as it is a frequent subject of interest...?

Just my two cents :)

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And a TV sub-forum and a movie sub-forum and a waloshin sub-forum. :eek:

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I think there was a sports sub-forum along with music etc but those were combined into one massive, nowadays called the community discussion. It wasn't that long ago, only few months. However, I don't think there is need for extra sub-forums, there are already quite many of them. Sports threads are usually huge like that NHL thread so why would there be a need for a new forum with couple threads?

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

You're right about the old Music sub-forum, but to the best of my knowledge we've never had a dedicated one for Sport here. I've been a frequent poster in the various Football threads over the years, and they've always resided in the main Community forum.

5. JsR thread starter macrumors regular

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

This has come up several times before. IIRC the reasoning is that there isn't enough sport-specific discussion to merit a new subforum.