subclip contains the correct video, but audio is taken from the beginning of original

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cstarr, Sep 6, 2007.

1. cstarr macrumors newbie

Does anyone know why my subclip contains the correct video, but audio is taken from the beginning (up until the point corresponding to the end of the aforementioned subclip) of the original clip?

Did any of that make sense?

I've tried a number of different in and out points, but it always seems to do this.

My footage is captured in iMovie which evidently "captures in DV Stream, the native format with mixed audio. Final Cut strips out the audio and puts it on separate tracks in the QuickTime file."

Is there a way to separately select video and audio for the creation of subclips? Might that be necessary?

A million clams and my pet hamster's hand in marriage to anyone who can answer this mystery.
    Thanks!

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

Sounds like your master clip was altered maybe? Are you using nesting perchance?

Well, regardless, try this:
    Create a new sequence and drop your master clips onto it. Then render audio on the whole thing again.

Now go back to your sequence with the subclips you made. Hopefully they will magically sync up properly now.

This is just a guess and a hack from memory when something like this happened to me long ago. I am only a hobbyist so I have no idea if this is the proper way to handle this or not! :)

P.S. Alternatively, you didn't accidentally lock your audio on your master track did you?