SubForum Idea - Phones?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by zflauaus, Sep 9, 2007.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

There have been an awful lot of threads in the Community Discussion and the Buyer's Advice subforums regarding phones, purchasing, troubleshooting, or otherwise. Could there possibly be a Phone forum under one of the topics?

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

That might not be a bad idea..but I think it could go under "community forum" or "buying advice" thread

But a cell phone sub forum might be fun

3. monke macrumors 65816

monke

I was actually just thinking about this the other day.
    It would be a great idea, since there are a lot of people who have questions about phones that aren't iPhones. :)

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Personally, I wouldn't want to see it as there are plenty of phone forums out there and phones — apart from the iPhone — really don't have that much of a connection with Apple or Macs; the main reason for this site.

There's no reason why you can't post about phones in the community forum, and what's more, why shouldn't we have a sub-forum to discuss other gadgets, or cars, for instance.

When other forums have been added, they've always had a connection to Apple in some way. Digital photography is a good example with the release of Aperture and iPhoto, for instance.

There's not much really that you can do with most phones and Macs except sync them and talk about their features, most of which are already overtaken by a new model within months anyway.

It's about retaining the main focus of the site on Apple stuff. My thoughts anyway.

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I agree with BV and compliment her on a well worded opinion.

Might as well have sub-forums for other computers like Dell,Gateway,Toshiba,Sony et.al.

The iPhone is more than a cellphone too ;)