Subjective feelings about the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nightfly13, Oct 27, 2010.

?

How do you feel about the iPad?

Poll closed Nov 3, 2010.
  1. Meh. Over-rated.

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. It's a useful tool in certain situations, but nothing too special.

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. I'm fond of my iPad and use it a lot.

48 vote(s)
    41.0%
  4. I don't know how I lived without the iPad, it's revolutionized my online life.

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Best gadget ever!

30 vote(s)
    25.6%
  6. I'm waiting for V2 with... (blah blah missing features blah)

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  7. I concede it's a well-crafted device, but it's too limited to be really useful.

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. It's fits in well with my digital lifestyle. Glad I bought it.

38 vote(s)
    32.5%
  9. Other.

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

Sorry in advance for failing to capture all of the subjective feelings in the poll option - use the 'other' option!

My family and I love our iPad and I think it's a sign of things to come. That Apple has such a monumental lead in the whole future of computing is staggering.

2. SidBala macrumors 6502a

I am with the "Meh" option on this one. I bought one a few months ago. And it has been sitting on my desk waiting for the day when it will see some usage.

Maybe when school starts, I will start using it more.

3. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

Nice way to find out what people really think about the product. Will be interesting to see what the results are like in a bit.

4. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I chose "It's fits in well with my digital lifestyle. Glad I bought it." but should really have gone for "LOVE LOVE LOVE!"... :D

5. Maziar macrumors 6502

I chose "I'm fond of my iPad and use it a lot", I wish i could choose another choice too(Love love :D )

6. yuanmoons macrumors 6502

Need an extra one which is something like " happy/fond of ipad but wish it had iOS 4.2!!! as apps all over the place is annoying and makes my brain fry, need folders!"

7. nightfly13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

You can vote for more than one

It is a multiple-choice poll, so click any and all that apply!

8. pizz macrumors regular

There should be another option: "I use it as my main couch and toilet computer"

9. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I've selected that it's a well made device, but a bit limiting to be REALLY useful.

Don't get me wrong, it's great at what it does, just that not always what it does is the way I want it done.

General web browsing ect I find slow againt using a fast desktop machine. for a number of reasons

1: No physical keyboard in front of you all the time.
    2: The iPad itself is a lot slower at rendering web pages than a fast PC
    3: Editing postings is slow (see point 1)
    4: Size of screen makes the web "experience" worse than on a large monitor.

These are just basic facts you cannot get around

(And I'm not even mentioning that "F" word!)

I'm hoping that Mk2 will fix the fault with the web speed. I did heat something along the lines it's a wireless N device but limited to G speeds due to it's hardware (or something like that)

Hopefully actual rendering speed will get better with Mk2 as on heavy sites I have to wait a bit whilst the whole site renders, but on my PC it's all there within a second.

Just to add.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's GREAT for what it is.

All is needs are 4 things:

1: More hardware power (which will come in time naturally)

2: Being locked down less by Apple so it can do more things naturally without being converted into a format it likes.

3: Being self sufficient and does not need a proper computer to do basic things with.

4: Stop being make as a big Touch, break it away from the iPhone and Touch devices into a higher end, more independent device

10. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I voted ....

It's fits in well with my digital lifestyle. Glad I bought it. I thoroughly researched the device to make sure that it was what I wanted/needed, and I have absolutely no regrets. I love my iPad.

Jude