Subler and iTunes Metadata

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jaysue, Oct 30, 2013.

1. jaysue macrumors regular

jaysue

Hello, i was wondering if anyone else noticed that when Subler pulls the metadata from iTunes it doesn't tag all the info fields, sometimes i get some cast missing or none at all, same with other fields. I liked the idea of having my movies tagged like the iTunes store and it's not a huge deal but i was wondering if this was an issue they are aware of or working on.

2. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

Subler gets the data it can gets from the iTunes web service. Unfortunately it can't access the complete iTunes Store data.

3. jaysue thread starter macrumors regular

jaysue

After some messing around iTunes i noticed Subler pulls the info that it has stored i guess, like when you hover over an actor in the iTunes store and your able to click on the actors name then it will tell other things they have been in, the actors or directors that you can't select in iTunes Subler won't download.

4. WebHead macrumors member

Just noticed that for multi-part seasons, Subler will, for instance, pull "7, pt. 1" into the Season field from the iTunes Store. But when you save the file it reverts to just "7".

Any way of making it stick, and would it appear differently in iTunes anyway?

5. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

Why change it? If it's Season 7 leave it as such. Then when part 2 comes out, just number the episodes after part 1.