Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaysue

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Tolleson, AZ
Hello, i was wondering if anyone else noticed that when Subler pulls the metadata from iTunes it doesn't tag all the info fields, sometimes i get some cast missing or none at all, same with other fields. I liked the idea of having my movies tagged like the iTunes store and it's not a huge deal but i was wondering if this was an issue they are aware of or working on.

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
Subler gets the data it can gets from the iTunes web service. Unfortunately it can't access the complete iTunes Store data.

jaysue

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Tolleson, AZ
After some messing around iTunes i noticed Subler pulls the info that it has stored i guess, like when you hover over an actor in the iTunes store and your able to click on the actors name then it will tell other things they have been in, the actors or directors that you can't select in iTunes Subler won't download.

WebHead

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2004
Just noticed that for multi-part seasons, Subler will, for instance, pull "7, pt. 1" into the Season field from the iTunes Store. But when you save the file it reverts to just "7".

Any way of making it stick, and would it appear differently in iTunes anyway?

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
Just noticed that for multi-part seasons, Subler will, for instance, pull "7, pt. 1" into the Season field from the iTunes Store. But when you save the file it reverts to just "7".

Any way of making it stick, and would it appear differently in iTunes anyway?

Why change it? If it's Season 7 leave it as such. Then when part 2 comes out, just number the episodes after part 1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.