Subler multiple audio tracks

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by micrors4racer, Sep 28, 2012.

1. micrors4racer macrumors 6502

In subler if I have multiple audio tracks added (dts, ac3, and ac3 > aac dolby pro logic II) Do I have to check enabled on all of them before encoding?

2. Rushli0n macrumors regular

Just check one. Otherwise if you attempt to play the file on your Apple TV it will get confused and not know which one to pick.

3. micrors4racer thread starter macrumors 6502

Which of the three should I enable? And will the atv know which track to use automatically even if only one specific one is enabled? Right now I am using the atv hooked up to just the tv but soon plan on using optical out to a receiver so that I can get real 5.1 dts or ac3 output.

4. chenks macrumors 6502a

chenks

this is how the file should look once finished

[​IMG]

5. Idgit macrumors 6502

Idgit

My MP4 files have the first track (AAC Stereo) enabled and the second (AC-3 5.1) disabled. My ATV 2 is connected to a receiver and it switches to the surround sound track automatically.

In Subler, be sure to select each track and make sure both audio tracks belong to "Alternate Track One."

6. chenks macrumors 6502a

chenks

no need for that

7. Idgit macrumors 6502

Idgit

I know it's not necessary, but I wonder if it's still a good idea. The Subler FAQ has the following about alternate groups:

Given the Apple TVs reliance on iTunes and properly configured MP4s, the suggestions from the Subler developer might be worth following.