Submitting Apps compiled in 9.2 SDK

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Mascots, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Mascots, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015

Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Anyone having luck?

I have to push out an update ASAP to fix a bug with potential to cause a lot of headaches, but of course updated Xcode yesterday and there's a conflict in the App Store's version checking (only accepting builds <9.1).

Not beta, produced in 7.1 and submitted an app compiled in the 9.1 SDK yesterday :| Other people seem to be experiencing it, but just reaching out here to see.

Edit: Lovely, external testing is a no-go. Best thing I found was "wait 24 hours from SDK launch" from the developer forums. Come on, Apple.

2. xStep macrumors 68000

There are tricks to use an older SDK. Search online. Perhaps that will help. You'd could always try removing Xcode 7.2 and download & install 7.1.

In a production environment, and often personally, I take my time upgrading to the latest version of Xcode. Weird things like this can happen that I just don't want to have to waste my time with. I saw several tweets yesterday that showed Xcode 7.2 didn't know how to install the latest documentation. Bad Xcode updates suck!

3. Mascots, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015

Mascots thread starter macrumors 65816

Mascots

Ended up downloading 7.1, recompiling, and submitting that version of the app.

The store is now accepting 7.2 compiled versions of apps, though. There's always a period like this, but not 30+ hours :/