submitting student proof for student version of mac Adobe software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sossity, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Sossity macrumors 65816

To all who may have gone through this process, it seems one has to submit proof after getting the software box, I looked at Adobe's FAQ, & it did not answer my concerns.

but read about the Student ID, Adobe's FAQ section states that it must have a photo, date, & name, my card has these but on different sides; the front has my name & photo, the back has the Fall 2010 with it stating the ID is valid until Jan 24th 2011. This date is when the spring 2011 semester begins, & this is the semester that I am buying the software for some photoshop classes.

So will this school ID work? & can I submit 2 scans; one scan of the front of the ID, & one scan of the back of the ID with the dates? what DPI would be best?

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

You can probably submit both sides and make a comment about it. They have three fields where you can upload files.

If they don't accept it, you can also send them a regular ID and some other document as listed in the FAQ.

3. mattwallace24 macrumors regular

I ordered Photoshop through the student process last year. Per the instructions, I placed the order online, then requested my daughter email me a copy of her student id so I could send it to Adobe. Before my daughter could respond, I received the shipping confirmation email from Adobe. I thought it was a mistake, but a couple days later my package arrived.

Maybe it was just my timing, but their validation process seems a little lax based on my experience, so I doubt you'll have an issue.