Submitting Textbooks to iBooks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by timotay89, Mar 11, 2012.

1. timotay89 macrumors regular

So, I'm trying to submit a textbook to the iBooks store but I'm getting confused. Maybe someone here can help me.

I have a book (well, part of a book) that I want to distribute for free. I applied and was granted a paid ibooks account to upload stuff and possibly charge for it later. I uploaded a book last week and I'm waiting and all that stuff.

Now, I just explored and looked around a bit in itunes connect and I find that to submit a textbook, I either need a special textbook agreement or I can make a free account and submit them though that one instead.

I'm thinking of just using the free account and going with that. I don't know if I'd ever charge for this thing (I doubt it) but I'm not sure what the best thing to do is at this point.

Also, if I make a free account and just submit it through there, how long does it usually take for it to make it onto the iBookstore? In time for when the new iPad comes out? And will it be placed in the textbook section on the ibookstore?

thanks

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Why aren't you asking this question of Apple?

3. timotay89 thread starter macrumors regular

Where? I can never find a way to contact apple. I just go through an endless choice of things online. How would I contact an actual person?

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

1800-my-apple

5. bookgator macrumors newbie

I believe that the best place to ask those questions is to send an inquiry directly to Apple. I have friends who does the same as you do and it sometimes take around a week or two or sometimes even less especially when the books on queue are not a lot. If it takes longer than usual then you'd probably ask them directly. But don't you get some sort of notification when you submit them?

6. Niura macrumors newbie

7. timotay89 thread starter macrumors regular

It's an Algebra I textbook. Only the frist half of the first chapter is done though.

Why?