Submitting to Store on Behalf Of Client

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by nashyo, Jun 17, 2012.

1. nashyo macrumors 6502

nashyo

In the UK there is no B2B or enterprise store. I'm selling an App I've developed to a client and after calling Apple I've discovered that it's a bit of a painful process. If I transfer an App from my Dev account to the clients, then the App name needs to change and the unique App ID number.

The only alternative is to obtain the clients Dev account username and password and submit an App directly to their account.

What experiences do you guys have with this? Is there not a smoother way to do this?

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

The unique app ID number does indeed need to change if you put it on his account. So you need to reprogram IAP purchases, that's what i'm currently facing, some issues with that because i've swapped them from accounts.
    But I think you can reuse the name if you delete it from the first account :)
    There is not really a smooth way but to get his login info (need to be the managing account, because this is the only person who can upload apps afaik).

If you have more questions, please head back :) (or wait what the others have to say)

3. nashyo thread starter macrumors 6502

nashyo

I plan on calling Apple again tomorrow. Would be great to hear from this community before I call. Would anyone have any questions they would like me to ask?

4. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

They already know me there, they are sometimes a tad oblivious, with that I mean, they sometimes tell me things that i'm sure are different.. ah well, hope you learn what you want to find out.

Greetings.

5. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

There is no other way. If you want to submit an app you need to have the login for the developer account.