Subnote and multitouch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mhml92, Jan 7, 2008.

1. mhml92 macrumors member

So according to all the rumors apple will announce a subnote with a multitouch trachpad of some sort..

Okay so here is what i don't get..

What would you be using a multitouch trackpad fore on a notebook with smaller screen and lesser performance than a macbook..

If its fore picture editing wouldn't you prefer a bigger screen and higher resolution?

And if its for video editing I can see why a loooonger trackpad would help in term of the timeline but then only a small SSD with max 64 gb not to mention the lack of an optical drive...

of cause this is JUST SPECULATION and I'm looking forward to macworld to see what they will make of it..

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

have you seen the iphone? mulitouch is likely to be similar to that
    many people have asked the point of multitouch on a trackpad and no one seems to have found a decent answer
    anyway, current macbook (and mbp) have multitouch in the form of two finger scroll/right click. i think a software update will allow for more inputs...

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Whatever it is, IF it is, it won't have worse performance than a MacBook. It'll be between the BlackBook and the 15" MacBook Pro in terms of performance. I doubt it'll lack an optical drive, and it won't be solid state. 64 gigs isn't enough, you're correct.

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

anything greater than 64gigs SSD is insanely expensive...
    thats where this dock patent comes in, it has a regular HDD in there as well