Subscribed calendars not synching

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by thecounthahaha, Mar 10, 2015.

1. thecounthahaha macrumors regular

Hi,

I have an iphone 5 and ipad 3 both on ios8, although I think this was happening on ios7 too.

I subscribe to a load of Basecamp calendars, which I do so from my macs (mbp/mini). These calendars sync perfectly and quickly on my desktop calendar without any issues.

On my i-devices, however, they do sync, but they don't keep synced. If something is updated on the main basecamp calendar it goes to my macs ok, but not my phone/ipad. I've found a way to force refresh it by going to settings and logging into my icloud account, (see link below) but that's a pain to have to do that every time I want to look at my calendar.

This happens with any ios calendar app including Apple's one.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3802416

Is there any sort of a 'fix' for this? Have I set it up wrong?

Thanks very much!

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

From this page at basecamp.com:

Your calendar program or service might only check the iCalendar feed every 30 minutes or some times even only once per day. It depends on the calendar and the settings. But if you don’t see changes showing up immediately, this is why.​

3. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply.

That would mean that it checks it over time - but I can go days/weeks without an update unless I log into icloud to force a refresh. Also, the link I posted is full of people that seem to have a similar issue but aren't using Basecamp.