Subscribed Google Calendars

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by ring, Aug 22, 2012.

1. ring macrumors regular

I want to be able to get these on Calendar.app for iOS. How do I do that. They are calendars from third party organizations that I have subscribed to via google cal. How do I do this if possible? If not possible, what is the best alternative to the default calendar app that does do that (preferable one of them that isn't super overpriced)?

Thanks. I need to be able to subscribe to BETA and other club calendars and I have been using goocal but it kind of sucks.

Thanks for help.
    :apple:

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

If your using activesync for your Gmail, then go to m.google.com/sync on your iphone/ipad and choose which calendars you wish to sync. They should then appear in the native app.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

And by activesync for Gmail, he means the Gmail account is set up as "Exchange" on the iPhone.

4. ring, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012

ring thread starter macrumors regular

got it

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

One more thing...

When Google Calendar is synced to an external, non-Google calendar, updates to the external calendar aren't immediate. Currently I don't think they're updated more than a couple of times a day. This is why I subscribe directly to any external calendar on my iPhone or on my Mac instead of adding them as delegates via Google.