Subscribing to calendars on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daneoni, Dec 5, 2009.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I've been trying to add subscription calendars to my iPhone by emailing the links to myself as suggested on several sites. However everytime I tap the link to subscribe I get a 'unable to subscribe to calendar on google'. My Pre on the other hand has had no issues with pulling these calendars

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

PS I use Google Sync for contacts, mail and my main...non subcribed calendar if it makes any difference

2. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

3. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Yah, I just tried it myself and it looks like something has changed (either on Google's end or Apple's end). It's not really surprising, it was always sort of a hack at best. If you're just trying to subscribe to a calendar of Google's, you should try using one of the other formats. I think Google has XML, iCal, and another format available. Try using those and putting in the related URL when setting up a "subscribed calendar" instead of a CalDAV formatted calendar.

4. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I have my google calendars on my iphone without a prblem..

Do you have your gmail account synced with your iphone? I think that was what did it. You first have to set up your gmail account on the mail app, then connect to the calender using the info given on the linked post

5. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Yup, have had my GMail account synced since day one using Google Sync. I just sorted out the issue but had to go into iCal, extract the link from there, email it to myself before i could get my subscriptions

Google's link and the links in that thread simply wouldn't work

*Shrug* Go figure