Subscribing to Podcast..From the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LouieSamman, Oct 14, 2010.

1. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I'm waiting for this feature and the feature to get updates/downloads to new podcast right from the iPhone without having to sync it to iTunes to get the new ones.

I understand that they don't do this because it will take a lot of battery from the iPhone when downloading but this can save me that one step of having to sync my iPhone to a computer.

Maybe Apple should make it work like Youtube where you can have your podcast subscription streamed (I know they already do this.. Let me finish).. but with being able to subscribed to the podcast from the iPhone and you have a subscription box to show all the new podcast that you subscribed to without downloading and watch the streamed podcast or you can choose to download it right from the device.

Make it happen Apple! (like anyone from Apple is going to read this.....)

2. xenuprime macrumors 6502

I would be happy just being able to see the entire name of the podcast.

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I know you can't subscribe, but you can download newer episodes manually from the device. It sucks though for podcasts with "Show Name Episode #: Title" as the iTunes mobile store often cuts off before you can see the title so going back to listen to episodes is kind of hit or miss.

4. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

So one your side on that one!

Yeah I know you can but you always have to search the podcast you want to download and you never know when they have a new video up unless you check every podcast that you know. Which takes forever. That's why theres subscriptions.

5. err404 macrumors 68020

Get a 3rd Party app

I've moved on to the Podcaster app for listening to podcasts. It allows me to easily subscribe to feeds and setup download rules for new episodes. It will also stream episode if they have not been downloaded. It support 2x playback speed and multitasking.
    Unfortunately. it's a little crash prone when multitasking to resume steaming playback, but it remembers it's place so you can relaunch quickly.
    This is by far the most used 3rd party app on my phone.

6. rrandyy macrumors 6502

I agree. Podcaster works much better than Apple's implementation. Also, podcaster gets the podcast directly from the source. Itunes won't download the podcast until apple updates the podcast onto its servers. As a result, I can listen to podcasts earlier using podcaster than syncing to itunes.