Subscription Calendars to MobileMe

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by stormbob, Sep 4, 2008.

1. stormbob macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I just bought MobileMe, its awesome. I mainly bought it because i have my schedule from the university on iCal, so my idea was to Sync it with my iPhone, so i was updated where ever i was, and of cause also to get the mails etc.

Anyway i ran into a problem. My university calender is a subscription calendar to iCal, and ... it dosn't sync to MobileMe? Can it really be ture there is no way to get a subscription calender onto your iPhone?

I searched around and found: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1213
    But damn.. is there really no way?

2. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

I know there is an answer to this...

I know there is an answer to this... I read it, I remember... I hate when my brain farts... It had something to do with exporting, then re-importing the subscribed calendar...

I just don't remember what the workaround was... If I find it I will reply.
    There is an answer, so don't give up!

3. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I hope apple let's you add subscriptions to MobileMe. That would be awesome!!

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

That is the workaround.

5. stormbob thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, i cant use that, it will just make a "copy" of the calendar. I can't use that when my schudule is automatic updated every day :S

6. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

The only workaround (if one at all) is to turn off Over-the-air Calendar sync if you want your subscribed calendars on the iPhone. The downside is that you will have to plug in & sync.