Subscription email link problem

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by NickRno77, May 7, 2011.

1. NickRno77 macrumors regular

Hello, When I receive subscription notification emails in Outlook 2007 the link back to hyperlink is in plain text so I'm not able to click web address? If I look further down the email there are some hyperlinks that work, only seems to be a problem with the link back to thread:-

Please see screen grab.

Many thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

That's the way the subscription messages are sent. It's up to your email client (Outlook, Mail.app, etc.) to make the URLs clickable.

I don't use Outlook 2007 but a little hunting around revealed a post saying that you can enable the conversion of URLs to clickable links with settings under Tools -> Options.

3. NickRno77 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks but all those options are checked, also in the same email at the bottom there is a hyperlink that works ? This is weird :(

Attached Files:

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Just for fun, what happens if you forward the message to yourself. Does the link turn live?

5. NickRno77 thread starter macrumors regular

Yep :):confused:

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Perhaps the difference between links that work and links that don't is whether it's long enough to wrap across lines.

Maybe Outlook interprets its own messages differently than the messages from vBulletin, or maybe it forwarded the message in rich text even though it received it (originally) in plain text. Either way, that's technically a workaround, but not much easier than simply copying/pasting the URL into your web browser. A crazier workaround would be to set Outlook to automatically forward the message from one account to another.

7. NickRno77 thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers, only seems a problem with messages sent from macrumors, anyway its not a big deal just a slight irritation, :confused: