Subscriptions Calendars not showing in MM and iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by dmula, Jul 13, 2008.

1. dmula macrumors member

dmula

It worked before but now on iphone 2.0 I can't sync those calendars. Am I doing something wrong or this version doesn't support this feature? (Birthdays calendar from contacts information doesn't work either)
    Any help?
    Thanks

2. skp574 macrumors 6502

Same for me too. No Birthdays or subcribed calendars at all. That can't be right. Come sort it out Apple.

3. TheCreator macrumors member

I'd really like subscription calendars to work!!

4. msbsound macrumors regular

yeah same here, which is a pain since we keep an informal deadlines calendar for the studio published just as a quick check. If anyone hears anything about this I would love to know.

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

6. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

In the past...

In the past... I have had to re-subscribe to calendars for them to start working again.

For birthday calendars (originating from your contacts in address book) if you un-check show birthday calendar in iCal preferences, close iCal, launch iCal, then re-check sync birthday calendar... This worked for me.

7. cedricstudio macrumors newbie

For now, unfortunately MobileMe does not push subscription calendars. According to the Apple website:

"Mac OS X 10.5: Subscribed calendars are listed in their own section of the iCal calendar list. When syncing subscribed calendars to MobileMe, the calendar information and settings for the calendar is synced, but all of the downloaded events are not. This is done to help streamline the syncing process with MobileMe, as it prevents syncing redundant information to other computers with an Internet connection."

More info here:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1213

I hope that Apple changes this soon. Seems like a major weakness to me.

8. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

to get subscription calenders to work, in your desktop app, export said calender, then import the exported file. this should bring it under calenders not subscriptions. then sync... it should be available in mobileme and on your iphone...

9. msbsound macrumors regular

Thanks for the info on that, but wow, yeah, that is very disappointing.

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yes but we are talking about how subscribed calendars don't get carried over to MobileMe.

It's annoying. My work roster is a subscribed calendar but it won't sync up to MobileMe.

11. huskydsl macrumors member

huskydsl

Got it working

I got my birthdays to show up on my online mobileme calendar.
    [​IMG]

As far as I can tell, there is no other way besides exporting/importing described in #8 above to add a "subscribed" calendar

Here's what I did...
    I opened my online MM calendars
    Clicked the little gear box at the top of the screen
    choose prefs and click show birthdays
    log out and back in and birthdays show.

NOW, the source of this birthday calendar is interesting. I think it's pulling from online contacts. That means that if you update a contact birthday and sync the contact up, the birthday calendar gets update. Or, if you update the contact online it happens right away.
    :):apple:

12. dmula thread starter macrumors member

dmula

Wow, Thank You. But still no birthdays and holidays on my iphone.

13. skp574 macrumors 6502

... interesting though I have to subscribed calendars in a calendar group called Sport. The Sport calendar group gets pushed to MM but not the two calendars.