subscriptions on YouTube

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eliotschreiner, Sep 1, 2008.

1. eliotschreiner macrumors member

is there any iPhone app that allows you to view your YouTube subscription videos on your iPhone? Or is there a way to modify apple's YouTube app to do that?

Thanks.

2. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

No not in the official App Store that I know off. Perhaps in Installer.app or Cydia.app (only available if jailbroken) but I'm pretty sure that theres no app in the App Store so you can view subscriptions.

In terms of modifying the YouTube app, I think that would be pretty difficult ;), and you would have to jailbreak.

One alternative I can think of is to look at the normal YouTube.com on your iPhone, look at your subscriptions then just search for them in the YouTube app.

Hope that helps,

snverhallen

3. Lightbrazer macrumors member

Not the best solution but you can simply log in at m.youtube.com, browse all your stuff and when you click it to play the iphone automatically lanuches into the youtube app and plays the vid. The problem is when you're done watching it you need to hit the home button to exit the youtube app then go back into safari. It's not ideal but it works.

4. iphonerox macrumors newbie

jivetalker dot net will allow you to play your Youtube subscriptions on the IPhone:

5. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Just tried this. Once the video stopped playing I was straight back where I left off on the YouTube web site.

6. dannyman macrumors newbie

A new official app just came out for that. It's called Subs. It is a decent little app. ---> http://bit.ly/HthK6

7. Picapau macrumors newbie

TUBEspoke

Hi,

Chekcout an app called TUBEspoke in appstore or http://picapausoft.com/TUBEspoke.

The new version will let you manage your subscription by leting you create, remove playlist, subscriptions, add videos to playlists, favorites, search videos by date, relevance .... the best youtube application for iphone users

Regards