Subtiting Software Query

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ThatDeafGuy, Feb 20, 2011.

1. ThatDeafGuy macrumors newbie

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with my Mac as they are hyped as the all singing and dancing media and graphics machines, yet there are (seemingly) no decent programmes for subtitling performances.

We use the DivXLand Media Subtitler on the Windows machine, really simple to use and yet for the Mac there is sod all. I've had a look at Jubler, and Belle Nuit, neither are suitable. A programme where you can sort the .srt files out in sync with the performance via merely pressing the spacebar whilst each part of the dialogue is being spoken/sung. Afterwards we're currently using Any Video Converter to combine (hard burn) the subtitles and video files together. A generally simple process on a Windows machine and a complete frickin' pain the ar5e on a Mac!

Are there any professional and easy to use programmes out there that will do the same job on the Mac please? (Handbrake doesn't burn in .srt files).

Cheers.

2. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

some of the apps from this developer should work for you.

3. ThatDeafGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thank you, I've sent them an email to query. Finger's crossed.

4. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I seem to recall you could add them with Adobe Encore, but it's been a while.

Rob