Subtitle Issues when burning DVDs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fox 8991, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Fox 8991 macrumors newbie

Fox 8991

Hi, I'm fairly new to this site and also very new to video encoding. I have a little issue that I hope that somebody here can help me with. I have just recently bought max payne the unrated version and would like to make a backup copy so that if it gets scratched i still have the original movie. When i'm watching the movie (without subtitles on) there are certain scenes where subtitles come on automatically because one or more of the characters are speaking a different language. I'm currently using MactheRipper to rip the movies and either Roxio Popcorn 2.0.1 or Toast Titanium 8.0.4 to burn the movies to dvd. I've noticed that on the burned copies there are no subtitles during these parts. I've been reading around and i've heard that the program d-subtitler can rip subtitles into a .sub or .srt file, but i would need to rip the movie into one single .vob file. I'm not even sure how to go about doing that. Even if I got that far I don't know how i could effectively burn the dvd's so that they play on my dvd player and also play the subtitles during those specific scenes. Again I'm not looking for english subtitles, just the subtitles that play during the scenes where they are speaking a different language. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Why don't you make a copy with MacTheRipper and burn the ripped contents via Toast on a DVD-9 (the double layer ones with 8.xx GB)?

There is also an option burning with Disk Utility (search in the Digital Video forum for some info), as just burning the ripped files as data to another DVD won't work, it will not show up as a Video DVD in DVD playing devices.

3. Fox 8991 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fox 8991

any possible way that you can add a link to that forum on here?

edit: oops i meant link to that thread

4. Fox 8991 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fox 8991