Subtitles option on/off

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by DeafRaiders, Jan 24, 2014.

1. DeafRaiders macrumors regular

I am ripping a few DVDs fro family I am deaf. I want to know if there is a piece of app for burn DVD's allowing DVD option to be turn the subtitles on or off by the DVD remote. I am normally out when my family watch it and I watch it later when i am in with subtitles as i am deaf. My cousins don't like watching dvd with subtitles on the movie. I don't want them to be burned into the movie I moved over to a mac 1 year ago and used to use a Windows Program called AVIAddXSUB.

2. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Any decent DVD authoring program should give you the option to include subtitle tracks on the disc (which could then be activated or deactivated via the remote). I used to use DVD-Lab a few years ago, but it is a heavy handed, intricate solution to your problem.

You might have better luck using mkv or mp4 files and a player (like Media player classic, etc) that gives you the option to control subtitles from the program menu, or even load external subtitle files