Subtitles turn on by itself??

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by 2010mini, Jul 31, 2017.

1. 2010mini macrumors 68040

anyone else have an issue of subtitles just automatically enabled when you start watching content?

Both of my ATV 4s do this in multiple apps. I have to manually turn it off every time. I am running the latest tvOS.

Thanks.

2. EnderBeta macrumors 6502

EnderBeta

I have the same issue. Every time the Apple TV 4 reboots it turns subtitles on. It's very annoying.

3. Beezer70 macrumors newbie

I've seen this in several apps, but there is no repeatable pattern as far as i can tell. I've even had it happen when starting a new movie/show after watching something within in the same app. It is annoying, but Siri can usually turn them off.

4. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

3 taps on the touch-section of the remote will turn them On or Off.

My kids love to tap the touch "screen" area and constantly turn them on...then see them and suddenly stop the tapping but don't realize a simple 3-tap gets them off.

5. EnderBeta macrumors 6502

EnderBeta

It's not the tap issue on my end. When the AppleTV4 powers on the subtitle setting rests every single time.

6. rusty2192, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017

rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

This must be what’s happening for us too. They always turn themselves on, and it is usually when my son has the remote. I just tested it and 3 taps turns them on and off. Surprisingly, the taps don’t even have to be all the quickly to activate it.

Thanks for the tip.

7. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

^I wasn't sure why ours were coming on so often. then read a Tip and thought that must be it.

8. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

Oh. My. God! Thank you. I've had this happen occasionally, and wasn't sure what was happening - now I know. Thanks!