Subtle iPhone 7 hint in Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JerTheGeek, Sep 2, 2016.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Just found a subtle hint in Siri I thought I'd share. So I was just testing some things with Siri and noticed something quite interesting.
    If you ask Siri "tell me about the iPhone 7", it interprets the text as a numeral, as it would be expected to appear in the actual product name of the next iPhone. You'd think it would do this for most numbers, but I noticed for numbers 8 and 9, it spells out the number rather than using a numeral (for larger numbers it seems to use numerals cause they are larger I presume). For previous iPhones, like 5 and 6, it uses the numerals.
    IMG_4727.PNG
    This to me seems like a subtle hint (of leak or whatever you want to call it :p) for the iPhone 7, as the previous names of iPhones are interpreted as numerals while eight and nine are not.
    Just thought I'd share this little "hint" in Siri.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

3. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Also just noticed if you only say "seven" to Siri it interprets as text not a numeral.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 2, 2016 ---
    IMG_4729.PNG Tried it with "plus" added to it. When you say "7 plus" by itself it interprets it as 7+. And when you say iPhone 8 plus or iPhone nine plus, it shows up as 8+ or 9+, however saying 7 plus shows up as "7 plus" (the plus isn't capitalized but still...a pretty good hint.)

4. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

iPhone nine, wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. in year 2025

5. Rian Gray macrumors regular

Rian Gray

In the year 2525, (humming)

Just kidding, but Apple could've added iPhone 7 as a product name so that Siri would interpret it as string (or just one thing) not iPhone seven.

6. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Yep, definitely a hint for the iPhone 7 name!

7. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Nomenclature.

9. Aditya_S macrumors 6502

For me, it depends how I say it, when I say "seven" slowly, Siri interprets it as "seven", bit if I say it quickly it turns into "7".