Subway App + Scanner = Bubbly Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -MRB, Aug 19, 2010.

1. -MRB macrumors 6502

You know.. Sub of the day and all that. Italian BMT. Thought everything was okay.. Payed for my food.. Handed my phone over to be scanned...

Then when i was eating my sub.. I checked my phone and noticed the screen was EXTREMELY bubbly. Upon closer inspection; the protective film on my phone was fubar.

My friends and I came to the conclusion that it must have been the infared scanner they use to scan the phone. Kinda sucks because now i have to buy a new screen protector :(

Has this happened to anybody else?

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

The word is infrared, and there's no way it did anything to your phone.

4. -MRB thread starter macrumors 6502

Who cares.. Really?

I didn't say it did anything to my phone. I'm saying it messed up my screen protector.

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Let me clarify: There's no way it did anything to the screen protector on your phone.

6. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

what is this subway app that you speak of that can be scanned? :confused:

7. digitalduck macrumors regular

[​IMG]

8. -MRB thread starter macrumors 6502

You earn points for everything you buy. Get so many points and you get a free sub :)

I can't find any other explanation though. There is no way it would have happened in the 2 minutes walking back to the apartment. It was in my pocket the whole time.

9. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

is this the order online subway express app? im looking for it thats why i asked

10. cLin macrumors member

I'm pretty sure he's also saying it had nothing to do with your screen protector being warped. I can't even imagine how an infrared scanner could mess up your protector.

11. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

Got a case on it? I bet the cashier squeezed your phone, and that caused your protecter to come up.

12. -MRB thread starter macrumors 6502

Whatever he scanned my phone with. Caused my screen protector to bubble. There is no other possible explanation.

13. -MRB thread starter macrumors 6502

No case. He literally took my phone, and placed it carefully on the till.. Scanned it while it was down. And handed it back to me

14. stephensays macrumors member

i think another possible explanation is that it bubbled in your pocket.. which seems more reasonable than it becoming messed up due to the scanner...

15. AshStorm macrumors member

^^ Can we get more details?

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm totally interested in this app and I don't see anything regarding it on the App store.

I love my BLT's!

16. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

+1

17. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

You guys should download all the handy medical apps to while you're at it. All that Subway goodness is going to kill you quick...

18. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Subway. The place where wheat bread is really white with coloring added to make it look like wheat and then enriched. Makes me hungry.

19. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Well, the guy could've taken off the screen protector the scan it then attempt to put it back on

20. -MRB thread starter macrumors 6502

The only time he touched my phone was when he took it off me, and handed it back. The phone was placed down while he was scanning it.

It wouldn't have messed up in my pocket. The protector was in perfect condition beforehand as I was using it in the queue. I had my phone in my pocket all the time. It simply would not mess up in there.

21. intervenient macrumors 6502a

Cause I'm SURE that you're the biggest health freak on the planet :rolleyes:

22. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

if your screen protector was already coming off the lint in your pocket would cause it to come off and bubble, this happened to me. i didnt put the screen protector on right and after a few times in my pocket it bubbled and came off. the infrared cant damage the screen protector. i have an infrared light and just tried it and nothing happened.

23. pauliphone macrumors regular

Think it might only be available in the UK....

24. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Actually, umm yeah I am. I haven't had soda, fast food or any of that crap since I was 13(I'm 30 now). And not only that, I'm a certified nutrionist(member of the NANP) and physical trainer. So what now? You and Jared, enjoy your Subway and their processed everything. I'll be sure to check back when you're 40 and your arteries are clogged!

25. AshStorm macrumors member

Hey I think I found, bud.

Search for the App Store for "Subway Express". It lets you order and pay for it directly from your iPhone. The functionality doesn't look like its supported in most of the Subway's but the search in the app locates the stores that do support the app! I found 2 locations that will let me do it via the app.