Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hmfic, Jul 19, 2008.
tell us how you did it.. because I for one am not so lucky.
What errors are you getting I'm currently having issues jailbreaking my iPhone 3G.
I get the failed to enter dfu mode error. I tried just restoring from the custom firmware but then iI got itunes error 6 and had to restore to the legit firmware 2.0...
keep getting stuck at error log: Failed to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw file.
This is the successful jailbreak thread. lol.
All I did was make a custom firmware with pwnage and restore with it in iTunes.
What version of iTunes & MacOSX were you using for the successful jailbreak?
ok do this
mkdir "Device Support"
do pwnagetool let it create the iswp
do what it says to enter dfu mode
close pwnagetool->itunes opens up
hold alt click restore find the ispw on your desktop hit ok or open which ever one
wait and pray
thats what i did and it seemed to work.
it worked thanks for the tip
I have jailbroken my iphone3g. Never done it before and it worked first time, seemed rater easy to be honest.
Steps i took were.
1. Create that Device support folder as said above.
2. Open itunes and restore my iphone3g. (restore not update) It is a brand new previously unmodified iphone, but the firmware on the restore is newer than what comes on the phone. This is the firmware version that you need
3. Now the phone is up to date. Disconnect it from the mac (it can be left turned on for now, just not plugged in)
4. Run pwnage, leave it in simple mode, select iphone3g, click next and select the firmware you want to modify. (it will search and find the one itunes just downloaded) click next.
It will start doing its stuff and ask for your mac password so type that in, click yes when it asks if you are a legit iphone user and click no when it asks if your phone has been previously pwned.
5. Now it has created you new firmware and left it on the desktop it will tell you to put the phon in DFU mode, it gives you onscreen instructions for exactly how to do it and when.
First it wil tell you to connect the phone so do that, then it will tell you to turn it off. Then it will tell you to prepare to press the required buttons and give you countdowns of when to let go of what. I managed it after having never done this sort of thing before so how hard can it be.
6. You're in DFU mode, now it will tell you to close PWNage and restore using itunes, so open itunes, click your iphone and then ALT+Click the restore button and select your new firmware (which will be on your desktop). Let it do its thing, it takes a while.
7. There you go, the pwnage is done
my pwnage tool doesn't tell me to put my phone into dfu mode
just says not in dfu mode
Odd, for me it made me do it manually and gave step by step instructions along the way.
At thet point pwnage tool has already created the new firmware anyway right? Why not put it into DFU mode yourself and then update via itunes skipping the rest of the pwnage menus?
turn the phone fully off and connect it to the computer with the usb cable. Press and hold both the Power and Home buttons for exactly 10 seconds then release the power button and keep hold of the Home button for a further 10 seconds. iTunes will now detect your phone in recovery mode and tell you it needs to be restored. The iphone screen should be black for DFU mode, if it has the itunes logo and usb cable you are in recovery mode not DFU mode, you did something wrong. Turn the phone off by pressing both home and power buttons till itunes doesn't recognise it. then try again.
Now you can ALT + Click the restore button and select the firmware created by pwnage.