Success Swapping out iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ryanpfw, Mar 18, 2012.

1. ryanpfw macrumors member

I have never swapped out an Apple device for a screen related issue. After reading through the threads here I noticed that my screen is warmer on the left side and appears like there is a off-color smudge in the lower left corner. I didn't notice it in the Apple Store yesterday due to the lighting but it was pretty noticeable last evening at home.

After reading about the horrible yellow screens some of you have received, is it recommended that I swap it out right away? I have an appointment with the Genius Bar today but I can always postpone it. Will they give me the opportunity to check the other display before completing the swap and could I keep this one if the other one looks worse? Or should I wait a few weeks until hopefully quality control improves.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Apple usually aims to please. I'd go ahead with the swap. Test it out while you are there to make sure you don't get another dud. They won't send you home w/ something you are not happy with unless you are totally OCD. At that point they will gently tell you can get a refund.

3. AppChat macrumors regular

whent he new iphone 4 came out it had a yesllow tint too. it went away after a few days. u have a 14day return window. so hold out for a few days. no point of wasting a perfectly fine ipad that the poor workers at foxconn made for u