Success with a bug report!

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by zmttoxics, Dec 15, 2008.

1. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

I am just so excited! I knew it was going to be a good day when I put on my "I :apple: code." shirt. Here's my story because I have to tell someone!

A couple months ago I submitted a bug to apple about how 10.5.5 broke its compliance with NetInstall slip streaming (ID#: 6311506, the postInstall scripts the package called perl modules that weren't available). I presented all info I had including how I got around it (I modded the packages included scripts to use the 10.5.4 scripts that didn't require the extra perl module).

Today, I get an email from Apple thanking me for the bug report and that they have fixed it for today's 10.5.6 release! Hazaa!!! On top of that, I downloaded the update packages and they fixed it in both client and server - just how I suggested!!

So awesome! You would be hard pressed to find another company that takes bug reports that personal. This experience has pretty much solidified my love for Apple.

2. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Yeah, same happened to me with a minor UI issue.

3. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

It should be noted that the more reports of the same bug the more likely it will get fixed. It's like voting in Chicago; vote early and vote often.